My journey in invisalign stopped for a year and I’m embarking on it again. Yes, my SECOND attempt in invisalign, in three years!
Previously, I started invisalign on Sept 2008 and stopped around July 2010, 22 months later.
My last dentist was Dr. Ellis at Central Park Spa in New York City. The insurance company did not pay her when she submitted the claim forms late. She held my aligners hostage and I stopped my treatment with a few months away from the final aligner.
I wore my last aligners for months, read again, the same aligners for a few months before I lost them. (For those who have experience in invisalign knew that that is pretty disgusting.) How did I lose them, that’s another story, which I would like to share the blame with Dr. Ellis. To cut it short, Dr. Ellis did not give me a plastic holder and I eventually lost the aligners when I wrapped them up in tissue. As I have predicted in one of my previous posts. If you are interested on how I get started in invisalign, you could follow my first journey here.
I have three choices:
1. Forget about fixing my teeth. Let them be it and accept that they could be in better shape and I did not fix them.
2. Fix my teeth with traditional braces and save some money.
3. Restart my journey in invisalign.
I decided to choose between 2 or 3, leaning towards 3.
Having learnt my lessons from dealing with the previous dentist, I decided to be really careful in choosing a new invisalign dentist. That was back in New York, since then, I have moved to Singapore.
What have I learnt?
1. Work with an orthodontist (versus a dentist, note that Dr Ellis is a dentist.) if possible, unless you are talking to a very experienced dentist offering a deal-not-to-be-refused.
2. Pick an invisalign provider who have been given:
Platinum Elite Provider (at least 80 cases within 12 months) or
Platinum Provider (at least 40 cases within 12 months).
3. Interview a few providers and ask them about their specific experience in invisalign (versus their partners’ or their clinic’s experience).
So now, the self-professed-fussy-and-experienced-invisalign user is on her search for a new orthodontist/dentist in Singapore. Here we go, again…
Copyright 2012 by Farting Camel